Two weeks from today Comic Con 2012 opens with Preview Night. The long awaited convention is ALMOST HERE! I know I can’t wait to be there. Comic Con updated their site with some changes related to their rules on lining up/camping. For any that have been to Comic Con the lines are quite well known. Fans really wishing to get into a certain panel have been known to camp out for DAYS. Well that might change (well not much just now they will be regulated) What’s interesting has to do with the ‘no saving’ spots rule below.
Comic-Con International Line-Up Rules
While Comic-Con discourages any line-ups in advance at Plaza Park outside Hall H, if you do find yourself in line for an extended period of time, please adhere to these rules:
For safety issues we cannot allow anyone to line up in the Park until ALL tents, canopies, stanchions and work is completed at the Park. This also includes areas adjacent to the park, so please no waiting nearby for work to be completed. We anticipate that all work will be finished sometime Tuesday morning (July 10), however this is not a guarantee.
Because this is a safety issue, we have been told that anyone waiting in the area before all work is completed will be asked to leave regardless of time of arrival or length of time they have been waiting.
In an effort to accommodate as many people as possible with the least amount of impact for all, please follow the rules below:
- Camping is not allowed.
- No tents, canopies, inflatables, cots, beds, furniture, large coolers, heaters, large fans, large umbrellas, chaise lounges, open flames, or anything of similar size of any kind as determined by the Convention Center.
- You are allowed to have one chair per person of relatively normal size. You may use a sleeping bag or blanket as well, provided it is only taking up the space of one person.
- No facilities or services will be available in the Park, so plan accordingly.
- Restroom access will be available in Lobby G of the Convention Center from 9:00 PM to 7:00 AM each night starting Tuesday, July 10. No other access to facilities will be available.
- Please respect the grounds and dispose of trash in trash receptacles. Please do not leave any trash or waste behind.
- No “saving” a spot in line unless it is only temporary, such as a restroom break.
The program schedule will be officially released by Comic Con shortly. Expect to see the Wednesday/Thursday schedule on the Comic Con website tomorrow. They will release the Friday schedule on Friday, etc. Waiting for the Con has sucked but it is almost here!
Expect to see very LONG LINES for Hall H programs. The final Twilight movie “Breaking Dawn” part 2 will hold the first panel on Thursday in Hall H. Twilight fans last year started lining up on the Sunday before the Con opened. It sounds like they won’t be allowed to line up until all of the preparations have been completed by Comic Con. Hall H holds 6500 seats for fans yes that’s a lot but it is not enough for some shows. Game of Thrones will be in Hall H on Friday July 13, 2012. True Blood will be in the smaller venue Ballroom 20 on Saturday 7/14/12.
A prelim listing of the program of panels announced so far is on this link. I am still updating the list.
UPDATE: Comic Con posted the first part of the exhibitor map: